Monday, August 12, 2013

Restoration

Since my last blog all those weeks and months ago I have been lost in a haze of self gratification and ignoring what I know to be the truth.  So much so that I was becoming angry with God for not providing a job.  Why is it I, who was trying to walk with the Lord, lost everything, yet others living in blatant open sin, had all they needed and more?  The immediate answer came to me immediately as I have memorized the first verse years ago.

Psalm 37:7 New International Version (NIV)

Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Take delight in the Lord,  and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Yet I had turned from delighting in the Lord because I was tired of waiting.  I went through the motions at church for a while.

August 28th I was going to skip church.  I went anyway, but not for the right reasons.  Pastor's sermon was "Why do you go to church?".   I don't remember exactly what was said, but conviction began to grow that I was not living as a should. 

This past Sunday our elder Dave Dore preached on the book of Ruth.  Boaz was her kinsman redeemer.  Jesus is mine.  

I once again confess that I need you Lord.  I have traded your peace for a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment