Wednesday, December 5, 2012

In memory of Cheryl

The manner in which people deal with grief is as various as the number of people on the planet.  Today would have been Cheryl's 44th birthday, had cancer not taken her from us.  So I take a moment to reflect on how I feel.  I have a loss, but it is not a hopeless loss.  I miss her, but I have a hope.  This is not a hope as in "I hope I get a pony for Christmas.".  This is a knowing in my soul that I will see her again.

Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.".  Sin is an archery term that means "to miss the mark".  God has a standard of perfection.  We don't meet that standard.

Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.".  Those that have jobs would be pretty upset if they did not get paid.  Yes somehow non believers think that if their good deeds out weigh the bad, then they won't get what is coming to them.  They are wrong.

I'm sure most of you have seen John 3:16 signs at sporting events.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whomever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  God sent his Son Jesus into the world.  He did live that life of perfection that God requires and he died as a substitute for sin.  If we believe in Jesus sacrifice for us we will be saved.  1 John 5:11-12 says, "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his son.  Whoever has the son, has life; whoever does not have the son, does not have life."

My sister had faith in Jesus Christ.  Read her blog, My Cancer Journey.  She praised God throughout her entire ordeal.

I do not understand why Cheryl got cancer.  I do know that her journey provided our family with an opportunity to share the gospel with people we would not have met other wise.

I sure Cheryl agreed with the apostle Paul when he said, "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain."  Cheryl gained eternal life in her passing.  She gain a pain free whole body that will never die.  She gained a face to face meeting with our Savior Jesus Christ.

I ask your continued prayers for her widower Howard and children Troy, Trevor and Haley at this time.  Prayers for my parents as they should never have to bury a child.  And prayers for Dawn, Brenda and myself.

May the grace of hour Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment