Friday, October 5, 2012

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

I have been to several funerals in my 41 years.  One thing I notice about evangelical funerals, is the peace.  Oh yes there is loss, anguish, pain and grief.  After all a loved on has passed.  What is lacking at funerals of believers is the hopelessness.  We have a hope that this world does not have.

15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Imagine working at a cemetery.  All of a sudden BOOM many of the grave around you burst open and those who died before you are raised from the dead.  What I sight the will be.

  17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. 

Then it's our turn.  Up we go to meet Jesus in the air.  This is the rapture.  Where Jesus comes and removes us who believe from the earth as he is about to pour his wrath out on this world to shake people up and turn them toward him.  One day this blog will cover Revelation.

And so we will be with the Lord forever. 

I cried at this. Forever with the Lord.  In my youth I really thought heaven would be boring.  As I have grown in my faith, I realize that I will finally be alive and complete and I will be doing what I was created to do.

18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

I take great encouragement.  As those of you who have read my blog for a while know my sister was taken by breast cancer.  She loved the Lord and she STILL loves Him, but she is loving him face to face.  Some day I will see her again.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit brothers and sisters. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment