Monday, June 27, 2011

Praying the scriptures.

This is a lesson I learned a long time ago. In fact I used to have a "Pocket Prayers" book that contained many of the prayer offered up in scripture. All I had to do was change the names to someone I know and love. In doing so I knew that I was praying with the Lord's will because I was praying scripture.

Today's devotional was Ephesians 3:14-21. Each of us has parents, siblings, children or loved ones that could use this prayer. Imagine if each believer were to pray this for the ones we love. Let's breakdown the wealth of information in this short passage.

Prayer that their faith would be strengthened.
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

Prayer for love and unity.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people,

Prayer that they will grown in the knowledge of God.
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

An offering of worship to God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

I have prayed this for my family. Consider praying this scripture for someone in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment