Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why am I concerned?

I have some personal stuff going on that has my mind working overtime. Today's Bible reading started with Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

So why am I still worrying about this? I know that Luke 12:25 says Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

This past week I read 1 Peter 5:6-7 and I think the answer is found there.

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

I've never truely humbled myself before God. At least not entirely, I always held some back and now that bit of unblief is tearing me up.

Mark 9:24 (New International Version, ©2010)
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed,
“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

Forgive me father. My nervous heart is a sin before you. Help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment